July 18, 2011

Ornate Victorian Furniture





     I recently was lucky enough to purchase this amazing breakfront. It appears to be a very distinct  RJ Horner  real victorian piece of furniture that is not often seen.


     Look at the details.  Imagine what it took to hand carve all of this.  This piece is still in amazing condition. 


I think I am in love.  This Cherub Chair blows me away. 


     This Morris Rocker with Lionshead arms and Claw feet is probably one of the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in.


     This desk is probably round 200 years old and is absolutely amazing.  It is a little bit less ornate but the carved details are gorgeous.


I think I need to go back to the store and take more pictures.  I just got a new camera and I now see what I will need to make this blog rock. 


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing old furniture. I love to look at it and learn from you. I am following from the Blog Frog. I hope you will follow back. My blog is mostly crafty stuff. Anyway, it is at www.micheggy.blogspot.com Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi can you tell me anything about this Cherub Chair that you have pictured? thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely victorian. The details are amazing. Most of the pieces in this lot were RJ Horner but I am not positive if this is Horner but It is amazing. Incredible details. It is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again - could you tell me how tall the cherub chair is. any splits in the wood ? what is it priced at and how much to ship to california 94546.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see this posting was a few years ago. We've been searching for a breakfront of ornate, refined quality. Is this piece still available? Do you want to sell it? What are its demensions? More photos?price? I would love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete