December 23, 2010

There is nothing like a positive PR to make me feel good

So tonight as I was looking to update our blog's, facebook, and work on our new website that will be ready soon. I hoping for a New Years launch.  Anyway I don't know what search site I was on but wherever I was I typed in Cooper City Antique Mall and out popped a feel good link to an article about Cooper City Antique Mall.  


http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-06-11/news/fl-dcg-antique-0615-20100611_1_dealer-booths-cooper-city-antique-mall-headboards 


Good PR like Good Customer Service is a necessity today.  I have yet to figure out why some stores don't get that "if you don't  treat your customers well, someone else will."  Time and time again I have seen throughout my professional life that if someone has a good experience somewhere they may tell a friend, maybe two. But if they have one bad event they will tell everyone.  The same goes for articles.  I have read so may great articles about us at the Cooper City Antique Mall that I am really proud. Unfortunately for all the good articles I found, I only found 1 negative review which never should have been written. Someone had a bad experience, didn't give us a chance to correct it before they wrote it on the internet.  As soon as we did learned of their problem we corrected it.


I guess the irony of the situation and the reason I mention this is...When I tell people about the good PR we have had about our store and what we are doing they seem to want to focus on "the one event" . "The one we corrected", because it was the right thing to do.  I just wish that same person had done the right thing and would have also written how we did do the right thing.  Cooper City Antique Mall is a store that operates like a mall. We are made up of a lot of different "stores, dealers, vendors or better yet people". As "stores, dealers, vendors or better yet people" we can make mistakes.  If this happens I just ask that you give us a chance to correct it. 


In Case I don't get a chance to blog in the next few days. I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment